Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blog Post #3

         While watching the videos and powerpoint that were assigned, I learned that there are three ways to provide feedback to peer reviews.  The first way is to compliment the writer.  Things like, I like your wording, or I enjoyed reading your post, are good things to comment.  Also, making suggestions to the writer can be helpful.  Suggesting that the writer should include more in their post or that they choose better word choice is effective for peer reviewing.  The last effective method to provide feedback is making corrections.  If the writer has spelling errors or even the organization of writing, the reviewer should include helpful ways to correct these things.

        Although these are helpful tools, peer reviewers can also make mistakes while reviewing.  It is not helpful to criticize the writer.  I also do not recommend to get off topic while reviewing a persons writing.  Sometimes peer reviewers are used to their own writing style, and they want the writer to incorporate the reviewers writing style into their writing.  Peer reviewers have to remember that everyone has their own writing style.  Also, the writer should be open to suggestions to help their writing.

Student peer reviewing a paper

5 comments:

  1. I found myself agreeing with many of your points. I enjoyed how you explained it differently and more thoroughly than other posts I've read. One thing I would comment is in your introduction paragraph, be sure to put sayings in quotations. I understand what you meant, but just for those who wouldn't understand, it might be best to show that's what you mean. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the basis of the three sources that we were assigned. I like the information you provided, but I wish you would have referenced which sources you got what information from. Also, as Alex pointed out, your quotes weren't put in quotations and that could be confusing to other readers. Other than that, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your post, and how you the information. You are correct with the information you provided about peer editing. You have to be careful how you word things while peer editing because others might think you're being mean. The only thing that I would change about your post would be adding links to the videos so that the reader could watch them as well to get more information about the subject. Other than that, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only can we all make mistakes, we all do make mistakes. Be a good peer editor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good! Don't forget your links!

    ReplyDelete